In this article, we’re going to be looking at 5 high quality salon mirrors you can use for your salons or barbershops. Building a salon, aside from the cost of the building itself, is actually quite affordable. The salon chairs, mirrors, lighting, and stations end up costing a few thousand at the least, but a talented hairdresser/stylist can easily recoup this cost in less than a year!
And be sure to make note of the technology improvements that modern mirrors and salon stations come with. Modern mirrors now come with LED lighting, composite finishes, and color schemes that weren’t possible in years past.
5 Beautiful Salon Mirrors ready to impress your clients.
Consumer Rating (4 / 5)
This has been talked about as “THE” mirror to get if you’re in the salon business. It doesn’t come with tons of stuff you don’t need, and IT IS one of the best you can get in terms of quality. So serious salon owners should consider this mirror for it’s large size and LED lighting ability. Check out the feature set below :
- 12 Dimmable LED Bulbs Included (+2 Extras Free) – These natural LED’s are designed to provide a soft, warm, inviting glow to your salon customers. Every angle of hair styles and treatments can be fully illuminated, all the way down to the finest detail.
- Quick And Easy To Self-Install – Getting yourself up and running with this mirror takes just minutes. A self-install can be done using just one person and very little effort. If you already have a nail secured to the wall, it’s ready for hanging.
- Aluminum Body w/Detachable Base – The body is made of lightweight aluminum alloy so travel is a snap. And as a bonus, the wooden base is detachable. So, when it comes time to assemble/disassemble the mirror, everything “breaks down” compactly.
- Button Dimmer Switch w/Memory Function – The dimmer switch allows you to set your own custom brightness, and can remember previous brightness settings in the memory bank for instant recall.
- Dual Power Outlets – With two power outlets, you have enough charging ability for all your most needed accessories. Plugging multi-outlet strips into these 2 main outlets for additional charging ability is a great idea too.
- 8 Lb Total Weight – The super light weight of this salon mirror makes it easy to maneuver, travel with, and even add clip-on/glue on accessories to. Even with the extra weight of the accessories, you could still easily carry it around on your own, no problem!
Consumer Rating (4 / 5)
This is another higher priced wall mirror option, but you have to consider that this large mirror is going to represent the salon itself. In terms of mainstream business, it’s actually pretty affordable.
- LED Light Arrangement – The subtle but effective LED light arrangement allows hair professionals to show hair treatment results in a soft glow. This improves customer satisfaction, and increases the likelihood that customers will return. Simply plug into the nearest wall outlet, and you’re all set.
- Stainless Steel Frame – The high quality stainless steel frame is designed to last for years of trouble-free use. With proper cleaning care and maintenance, this is a mirror that’s able to last you through all of your hair styling years and then some. It also makes a great heirloom.
- Glass Shelf w/Blow Dryer Holder – You’re getting more than just a standard mirror with lights. This salon styling station mirror also comes with a glass shelf and blow dryer holder. Making the most of your money with a mirror that features accessory ability makes good financial sense.
- Modern Look – The modern aesthetic design helps you push forward and away from traditional ideas and opinions about salons and barber shops. This mirror is totally in-tune with delivering state-of-the-art hair treatments that will wow and amaze your customer base.
- Easy To Install – You can have this mirror installed in under an hour just by mounting and hanging on a well getting you ready to cut hair the same day.
- 1 Year Warranty – If your mirror is defective or breaks any time during the first year under normal use, you can simply contact Amazon for a full refund.
Consumer Rating (4 / 5)
As you’ll notice above, the Dream In Reality (DIR) Capricornus and Occhi Di Gatto are both made by the same company. And although they don’t have any reviews yet on Amazon, DIR is a well known company with a strong business presence in salons, barbershops, makeup studios, and more!
You can find DIR products within all of these areas of business because they’re built well, perform well, and are priced affordably.
- Stainless Steel Frame – The strong stainless steel frame ensures years of trouble-free use. Knowing it isn’t going to rust or degrade helps to safeguard your business.
- Modern European Design – Available in chrome only, this mirror will give your salon a sophisticated accent that’s in tune with modern life.
- Convenient Wall Mounts – Mounting it to your wall of choice is easy. It stays strong and secure to any mountable surface.
- 50mm Mirror – This mirror features 50mm of depth for superior strength.
- Single Sided Station – Although it’s not double-sided, some business owners will appreciate the single-sided design in tight spaces.
- 1 Year Warranty – Each DIR mirror comes with a 1 year warranty to keep you safe from product defect or damage incurred during shipping. If there’s any problem with your mirror in the first year, DIR will replace it or refund your money for free!
Consumer Rating (4 / 5)
This is the next installment in the DIR mirror collection, and one that’s designed with a more classic charm in mind. The black ash wood paneling does a great job of absorbing the days work environment with no problem. The great thing about wood is its ability to neutralize grease and grime naturally. In a salon, barbershop, or makeup studio, it works fantastically.
- Available In Black Ash Or Glossy White – You have your choice of geometric finishes to create the perfect match to your interior. Choose from Ash Black Silver, Glossy White, and Silver.
- Built-In Remote Control LED Lighting- It comes complete with LED lighting to brighten up the area around the mirror.
- Glass Shelf – The sturdy glass shelf is suitable to hold a variety of different items. Anything from comb and scissor cups (yes, the ones filled with antibacterial solution), to hair style books showcasing all the latest and greatest hair styles. This strong glass shelf can hold the weight!
- Integrated Dryer Holder – The dryer holder hole on this mirror allows hair dryers to “cool down” without coming in contact with the finish. This ensures the hair dryer won’t marr the surface during drying sessions.
- 1 Year Warranty – The 1 year warranty is there to help safeguard and protect your mirror investment. DIR stands behind the quality of their products 100%, and will happily issue a refund or replacement in the event of defect.
Consumer Rating (4.5 / 5)
The ultra-modern design of the CHIAROSCURO by DIR fits “New Age” barbershops and salons to a T. DIR has done their part to ensure they have enough mirror designs available to make your salon into exactly what you want it to be.
- Perforated Stainless Steel Construction – The perforated stainless steel makes this mirror not only lighter, but BREATHABLE and more stylish.
- Wall Mountable – The CHIAROSCURO easily mounts to any wall. Simply follow the included instructions, and a single person can easily self-install this mirror in minutes!
- Sleek, Modern Design – As you can see in this collection of DIR mirrors, they come in a variety of different designs and finishes. The sleek, modern look of the perforated steel gives you one more way you can “match” your mirror of choice to the interior design of your salon.
- Shelf Counter – Like all DIR mirrors, the CHIAROSCURO comes with an included shelf so you always have your most need items within arms reach.
- Included Dryer Holder – The dryer holder is big enough to hold even deluxe model hair dryers with ease. The fully open design allows the heated end to cool down without coming in contact with the finish.
- 1 Year Warranty – These mirrors are a considerable cost for any salon, so the included 1 year warranty is great for peace of mind. You can rest easy knowing that you’re getting world-class salon quality from a company that is willing to reimburse you if there’s a problem.
Some Easy Helpful Salon Mirror Tips
Sometimes very large salon mirrors, ones that are body sized, are not a good idea. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren’t. It depends on who your customer base is and what they’re used to. Most people aren’t used to seeing their entire body in a mirror, so it can wind up making them feel self conscious or that the haircut/styling/treatment wasn’t done right. Many salon / barber shop patrons aren’t accustomed to seeing a view of themselves in a large size. And you wouldn’t think an issue like mirror size could be a problem, but it can.
When it comes to barber shop/salon mirrors, new technology now allows salon stylists and hair professionals to “soften the blow”. A barber shop is an environment that the customer isn’t used to seeing themselves in, especially in a mirror. So, soft lighting and a universally “soft” décor makes perfect sense.