Kitting out a barber shop is not easy to task. You need a wealth of furniture to not even make the place functional, but to also make it look good. If you are furnishing a larger business i.e. one that has more than a couple of employees, then it makes sense to purchase barber station packages rather than individually. This way not only can you save money, but you can also be sure that all the items are going to look the same.
On this page, the team at Furnish&Style are going to review some of the best barber station packages around. Here, we have tried to keep a nice blend of products. There will be something for both the smaller and the larger businesses. There will also be something to suit all budgets. When we judged the barber station packages that you see on this page, we were looking for the following:
Whether the kit represented good value for money. You will likely notice that we talk about some cheaper products here. Sure, they are unlikely to be as ‘high quality’ as something that you are spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on per unit, but we have selected them because they offer something decent for the money. You may need to upgrade them in the future, but they are a tremendous starting point.
- Durability & Build Quality
Whether the styling station was ‘built to last’. You really do not want to be spending a packet of money on something which is going to need to be replaced a year or two down the line.
Whether the kit looked good. It is all well and good having something which is functional, but as you have likely seen from the various guides that we have put up here on Furnish&Style, people go into barber shops for the ‘experience’ now. Not only do they want an amazing haircut, but they also want to feel comfortable while they are on your property. We have selected products which look fantastic.
As you go through the reviews on this page, you may notice that we will expand upon a few of these points. We will also throw in new points for good measure. Basically, we are going to be judging all of these barber station packages on their own merits. We want you to know what each of these products brings to the table. This means that you can make the best possible purchasing decision not only for you, but also for your company.
Find the best Barber Station Package for your Salon
So without further ado, should we jump into the various barber station packages that are available?
(4 / 5)
When you consider the price per unit, this is likely to be one of the cheapest barber station packages that you see on this list. Not that this is a bad thing. Obviously, you can’t expect this set to be of the greatest quality, but the company behind it have certainly made it look good.
Sure, pearwood is probably not the most popular wood in the world, but we love the fact that it has been given an almost mahogany feel to it. It is going to look stunning in a more traditional barbershop.
Below is a run-down of the SSLine Classic White Wall Mounted Salon Station
Styling Station Package :
- Extra Large Draw: this draw is fully lockable. The lock is nigh on impossible to break too. This means that you can feel confident leaving some of your more expensive barbershop tools in here overnight. Nobody is going to run off with them. Of course, the fact that it is a larger draw really does help as it means you can store a lot of your kit there. Perfect, because most people really do not want to be running around their place of work trying to get their hands on their tools.
- Large Cabinet: in addition to the draw, there is a larger cabinet where you can store more of the items that you are using for your barbershop. This is actually unique. As you will notice with many of the barber station packages that we include on this list, most of them do not have a larger cabinet. Instead, they are a product which has been designed to be bolted to the door.
- Built-in Appliance Holders: these are of a generic size, so it is unlikely that they are going to fit everything that you have, but it should work for most of your gear. You can store the appliances that you are using (e.g. hairdryer, straighteners etc.) here to ensure that you have easy access to them whenever you are styling hair. For a cheap product, it certainly does go a long way towards making things convenient for you.
- Laminated Surface: finally, the barber station also offers a laminated surface. This is highly beneficial as things in your barbershop are going to get dirty. The laminated surface means that you can easily wipe it down between your clients. The laminated surface also helps to boost the overall lifespan of the barber station.
Overall Value: 5/5 if you are considering this as a starter bit of kit, although it is unlikely to be that brilliant for those that are looking for something which looks a little less ‘generic’.
Consumer Rating (4.5 / 5)
If you want to purchase just one kit to get your barbershop up and running, with 15 pieces this has to be this kit. Just look at what you get included in it:
- 4x Height adjustable black swivel chairs
- 4x Allegro styling stations with mirrors, storage and accessory holders
- 2x Kate Hair Dryer and Chair combinations with 980-watt dryers
- 2x Reclining shampoo backwash stations
- 1x Child hair dressing booster seat
Oh boy, where do we start with this kit. There is a lot to cover although, of course, we want to focus mostly on the styling stations that you get included. You can think of the chairs and the mats as a bit of a ‘bonus’, although a very welcome bonus as it means that you are going to be saving a rather healthy sum of cash on the other parts of your business.
Check out the feature set below :
- Contemporary Looking: we know that most barber shops are going for the more traditional looking route nowadays. It seems to be a very ‘in’ style. However, seriously, why not consider going a bit more modern? It is a look that we at Furnish&Style predict will be on the ‘up’ later on, why not get in on the ground floor?
- Appliance Storage: on this particular style set you get five spaces to stick your appliances, more than any other styling station that you will find on this list. However, honestly, it is unlikely that you will use all of them. It is nice to have them, but we would have preferred if they had left more space for other bits and pieces.
- Large Mirror: one of the reasons we selected this styling station was down to the incorporated mirror. No, it is unlikely to be the best mirror that money can buy, but you must remember that the main reason for this page is to introduce you to equipment that you can use to get your barbershop up and running as soon as possible. If you do not fancy using the mirror included, then you can always opt for something else later on.
- Large Draw: this is another one of the styling stations which also has a large draw incorporated. Plenty of space for your tools. Of course, you do not need to stick your appliances in here as you have plenty of space for that on the top of the station.
- Small Cabinet: we would have loved for the cabinet to be a bit larger however, let’s be honest, there is probably very little that you are going to end up storing in this cabinet anyway. You have plenty of space elsewhere that you can use, so you can really think of this as ‘bonus’ space.
- Quality Chairs: unusually for a kit like this, the seats are decent. Obviously, at this price you can’t expect them to be the greatest chairs in the world, but we certainly do not see your customers giving you much in the way of complaints.
Consumer Rating (4 / 5)
We are going to go for something a bit different with this one. As you have probably noticed, the previous two styling stations that we talked about are ‘free standing’ ones. These are wall mounted ones. Major benefit of this is that you can easily slide them into your existing set-up. In our opinion, it looks a lot cleaner too. Not everybody is going to be a massive fan because you do have less space available to you, but we certainly like them.
Here’s a quick run-down of the feature set :
- MDF material: we love MDF here at Furnish&Style. In fact, we believe that people do not use MDF enough. It is a nice and sophisticated wood that is very hard wearing. The pictures of these styling stations do not do it justice.
- Three Tool Holders: back to a more sensible number of tool holders for this one. From what we can tell, these are perfectly sized. You have two for your curling and flat irons. You then have a third one for your hair dryer. Based on looking at it, we reckon that most appliances generally used by barbers should easily slide into this styling station.
- Laminate Surface: once again, there is a laminate surface on this styling station. As you may remember from before, the laminate surface makes the styling station a whole lot easier to wipe down and clean, which is fantastic!
- Pull Out Draws: you have two pull out draws on this styling station. Both of them have their own individual lock. However, honestly, if we had one complaint about this set of styling stations it is the fact that you do not get that much space in either of the draws. We reckon that this styling station would receive a far better rating if the company had combined the draw into one. It means that you can store your larger tools in it. Sure, this is probably not going to be that much of an issue if you are sticking to your smaller tools, it is just a small gripe for us.
- Hard-Wearing: finally, these styling stations are hard wearing and will last you a while. However, it is worth noting that a lot of how long these last will be dependent on the wall you are attaching them to, as well as the fixings that you are using. You could stick this up, but if you overload it with items then it will be sent crashing to the floor. We guess it is just as well that you have six of them!
Consumer Rating [4.5]
We are going to go a bit simpler with this barber shop styling station package. Honestly, we at Furnish&Style can’t really see this styling station being used in a more established barber shop. Instead, it is a kit for those who are just getting started and who really have a limited budget at their disposal. The neutral style means that it should fit in well with any décor. In the styling package, you get the following:
- Styling Chair
- Wall Mounted Vanity
- Floor Mat
All of the items in here are of a decent quality. They are not exactly going to blow your mind in that regard, but they are certainly serviceable until you pick up something from the untold amounts of income you can make from your barber shop.
Barbers Station package features:-
- Three Appliance Holders: you have three appliance holders here. Standard fare, really.
- Large Draw: no lock on this draw, sadly. This means that you probably are not going to want to store your most expensive tools in this baby overnight. However, we do love the fact that the draw is of a reasonable size. This means that you can easily fit several bits and pieces in it.
- Design: The only real downside to the whole thing (we are not going to focus on the chair, as this page is mainly about styling station packages), is the fact that the design is a bit basic. It almost looks like a piece of flat-pack furniture. Of course, you should be fine when you are getting started, but when you really start to work on the overall look of your barber shop, you will want to upgrade.
Consumer Rating (5 / 5)
This is a package which comes with all the bells and whistles. Basically, if you want one kit that contains everything that you could possibly need to get started with a barber shop, then it is this one. Sure, it is unlikely that you will be able to fit these products into a more traditionally decorated barber shop, but if you are looking for something modern, then you have the ticket here. This kit includes:
- Six chairs built for comfort
- Two backwash units
- Four styling stations
You can set up the chairs in several different ways dependent on the job that you are planning to do with them. However, as before, we are not going to focus on those on this page. Instead, we are going to elect to focus on the styling station as that is likely what you came here for. However; we do want to point out that the chairs are of a reasonably good quality. Your customers are not going to complain that they are uncomfortable.
- Full Length Mirror: the styling stations come with a full length mirror built into them. Interestingly, the mirrors are of a reasonably decent quality. Probably not the best quality in the world, but they are going to impress you when you use them. You want them to make your clients look good, and that is exactly what they do.
- Several storage cabinets on the styling station: there are several different storage cabinets on the side of the styling station. The one issue we have is that they can be a bit tough to access if you have several of these stations pushed close together. We would have preferred if they were on the front.
- Slide-out Appliance Holder: nice and handy. Not many styling stations have this sort of thing.
- Easy Access Appliance Holder: there is also an ‘easy to access’ appliance holder on the front of the unit.
At Furnish and Style we would rate this 5 stars if you need everything in the kit, although we imagine that many of you are going tyo be electing to purchase different chairs as these are hardly the most versatile barbershop chairs in the world.
Consumer Rating (4 / 5)
Believe us when we say that there is a lot of different bits and pieces included in this styling station kit. Honestly, we do not think that you are going to need most of it. However, this whole kit represents terrific value for money as you get absolutely everything that you could possibly need to run a barber shop. Like, you probably would not need to buy anything else when you are getting started bar a couple of decorative items. In this kit you get:
- 6 Styling Chairs
- 6 Styling Stations
- 6 Anti-Fatigue Mats
- 2 Professional Hairdryers with a chair
- 2 Backwash Units
- 2 Portable Work Trolleys
- 1 Portable Hair Dryer
- 1 Reception Desk & Chair
- 1 Waiting Room Bench
See what we mean? This kit comes in at a far lower price than a few of the other products that you have seen on this list too, which is quite remarkable! Of course, at this price it is not going to be the greatest thing in the world, but as with many of the LCL products that you can pick up, it has not been designed for those that have been kicking around in the business for a while. This is a kit which is, mostly, for those who are just getting started in the world of barber shops and want something affordable to help them to start making money. You will likely upgrade this kit a year or two down the line, but that is fine because it is affordable enough for you to do so.
We are not going to go into the specifics of each of the products that you find in this kit, mainly because there is too much to cover. However, I do want to point out that the styling stations give you ample amounts of space and they are very versatile. The only real thing lacking from the styling station is the mirror, but most people will want to purchase that separately anyway. For the most part, you have enough space to put your tools and appliances, whether it is on the surface or in the draws. Everything is wipe clean too.
Choosing the right Barber Station packages
Whether you are starting out or refurbishing, choosing the right barber station package for your shop is a must. We have taken a look a selection of great, durable and modern barber packages though the decision is yours – make sure to measure up, work out how much space you have available and the design and style match your shop / salon.